Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Filofax: Planning On-The-Go


Hello July!
Summer is here... which means lots of planning, day trips, and mini vacations. But if you're anything like me, you just want a simple way to store your Filofax supplies for traveling or everyday use. My  "To-Go" bag holds an A5 Original and a couple of travel pouches plus a purse organizer. It's portable, which means I can take it with me anywhere I go, even around the house when I'm working in different rooms.

I know Filofax posts are among the favorites on my blog, so I thought it would be fun to show you how I use my planner on-the-go. Keep in my mind that these are just the things I use the most on a day-to-day basis. I felt it was easier to keep them all together in one place. Instead of buying new supplies, I just change out the stickers, notepads, pens or stickies for the extra ones in my collection.

Figuring out what works for you and personalizing everything to suit your style is what makes "life planning" so much fun! Feel free to customize what I've done to make it more You...

*WARNING: This is a photo-heavy post! So bookmark it for later or kick back and relax. I hope it inspires you...


I use the same hot pink, see-through studded bag all year-round to hold my Filofax pouches and supplies. It's bright and fun for every season and the perfect size to hold everything I need. [Pink Shopping Bag by Penny Sue, $19.99 from Tuesday Morning] Inside I have my planner and pencil pouches, along with a purse organizer that holds lots of other fun goodies!

This is my most used pencil pouch that has all of my basic planning supplies. [Hot Pink Multi-Purpose Case by Cosmos, $2.99 from Amazon] I've had it for over a year and it is still in really good shape. I know that lots of people complain about these pouches ripping apart, but I haven't had that problem since I don't overstuff it. Jam-packing it until it's ripping at the seams will definitely cause it to fall apart easily!

A sequined patch [gifted to me] pulls double-duty, by adding a sweet personal touch and to cover up the lime green logo that was there.


This butterfly pouch has lots of different pockets to hold everything from pens to sticky notes. It's so easy to organize all of the little bits and pieces.



I tuck fun arrow flags, post-its, magnetic clips, notepaper and labels into the pockets on one side.


Here I have each of the pens I use for my color-coding system, along with florescent sticky flags in various shapes and sizes.


There's even a large zipper pocket where I keep random tags, labels, and stickers.

My second pencil pouch came courtesy of Cool Pencil Case. It's not too big and easily fits into my everyday handbag if I need to pack only a few planning essentials. I especially love the saying on the front... it always makes me smile.




Although it doesn't have as many pockets as my other one, it still comes in handy. I'm currently using this butterfly pouch to hold extra pens and supplies.



In the large zippered pocket I have a few sets of cute Hawaiian sticky tabs [gifted to me]. The tall pocket has some colorful Sharpies and pens, and the elastic strip holds a couple of adorable page marker sets [gifted to me].


I also use a cool little bag to hold my pencil pouches (or just a Filofax) and other fun goodies. It goes with all of my pink supplies and has a ton of pockets! [Nylon Handbag Insert in Pink, $3.44 from Amazon]



This bag organizer can easily slim down, if need be. When empty, the sides snap together on the top and bottom, taking up less space in your bag.


It was so much fun picking and choosing different items to fill the pockets! On the front and back, I have sticky note pads and sets, washi tape samples, and a multi-color pen.


Inside the bag, there are two large zipper pockets that can hold just about anything!



In one, I have super cute dimensional stickers plus a pouch full of even more stickers!


In the other zippered pocket I have extra diary/calendar stickers, page markers, and sticky flags.

You can really do anything you want with these different travel bags. Choose to fill them with items that work for you and ones that you use everyday. Mix things up when you need a change! What motivates you to stay on top of your planning? Fun stationery? Bright colors? Cute characters? I choose all of the above!


That's all I have for you today! I hope you enjoyed this and leave here feeling inspired :) Feel free to browse my other Filofax posts or my completed planner pages here. Or check out my SMASH* & Project Life Travel Bag! You can also stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by "liking" my fan page on Facebook.

How do you plan on-the-go? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? I'd love to hear it! Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated.

Mahalo for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover