Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Unboxing: Ipsy | July 2014


Hello, Lovelies!

Yesterday I shared my Unboxing: Beauty Box 5 for July, and now it's time to reveal the products I received from this month's Ipsy Glam Bag! And I have to say, Ipsy is definitely my favorite service that I subscribe to. Although I only started getting beauty boxes since a few months ago, the experience I've had with ipsy is the most enjoyable! From the pretty makeup bags and the fun products that fill them, to the inspirational website and the beauty community within it... I love everything about ipsy!

Take a peek at what I got last month from Ipsy and BB5!

Ipsy is a $10- monthly subscription service where members receive a Glam Bag filled with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty and makeup products. For me, the value of the bags has exceeded the cost of the monthly service! I've discovered so many new products and brands that I wouldn't normally buy on my own. There are great discounts on the products I try and love, and it's a really awesome way to build my makeup collection!

July's theme is "Sensationally Sunkissed." It's perfect for the contents of this month's bag which is all about Summer! Did I mention it's my favorite time of the year? I'm really loving bright pops of color these days... on my lips, in my clothes and accessories, on my Filofax, everywhere! When I saw this neon pink scalloped makeup bag I was in love! The items inside also work with the Simple. Summer. Beauty. and makeup look I'm using this season too. 

Here is what my bag included:


Bare Minerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow in Divine Wine
$18- for 3 ml / Sample: $6- for 1 ml

I'm already a fan of this brand and so excited to sample one of their newest products! Although I don't typically wear cream eyeshadow, the 5-in-1 claim is very intriguing... Long-Wear Color, Prime, Brighten, Smooth, and Protect. Not sure if the shade is me, but it sounds like it'll be a really great eyeshadow base. I can't wait to try it out!


Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil - SPF 08
$11.99 for 8 fl oz / $1.49 for 1 fl oz

Being Hawaiian and spending a tiny part of my childhood on the islands, I'm pretty familiar with tanning oil. Besides the ocean, it's one of the very distinct scents on the beaches of Hawaii. I actually love the smell... coconut and tropical. Now living in the Pacific NW, 9 months out of the year we get nothing but rain. No sunshine means my naturally tan skin is pretty much non-existent. In the summer I like to soak up the sun to bring back that natural tan I was born with, and have some protection too! But this oil doesn't provide enough SPF to really make it useful. Not sure if I'll be using it...


Pixi Beauty Mini Tinted Brilliance Balm in Pretty Pink
$14- for 3 g / Sample: $8.40 for 1.8 g

If you know me, you know that I love lip products! And these chubby crayons are a current obsession! I really like Pixi and I'm glad I got my hands on one of these little guys! It may not be full-size but this adorable mini is awesome! The formula is very moisturizing, and it smells fresh and minty. The shade comes out as a subtle rosy pink on my pigmented lips. It's very natural and pretty.


POP Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer in Secret Sunshine
Retail Value: $10- for .25 oz

Who doesn't love getting a full-size product? Although I don't use bronzer often [I also have one by e.l.f. and Wet 'n Wild], I'm excited to try out a new brand. I'm pretty familiar with POP Beauty having seen older ipsy unboxings on You Tube, but this is my first time getting an item by them. The shade of this bronzer is quite pretty. I haven't worn it yet, but in the pan it appears to have a shimmer.


Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray
$19.95 for 5.1 fl oz / Sample: $7 for 1.7 fl oz

I've heard wonderful things about this brand, and I was pretty stoked to get this beach spray which I've always wanted to try! This formula helps heal hair damage with the power of Argan Oil. It has many other healthy hair ingredients like Soy Protein to nourish and strengthen hair and Cocoa Extract to condition and protect it. Sea Salt provides that textured beachy feel. This spray smells pretty amazing too! I can't wait to use it... it's like Summer in a Bottle.

Total Value of July's Bag: $32.89
$10- Monthly Subscription

Now you can see why I love ipsy so much! If this is a service that you're curious about, I definitely think it's worth the money. You can also take a beauty survey that helps ipsy match products suited to what you use and like. And reviewing the items you receive each month helps ipsy personalize your Glam Bag even more! You'll also earn ipsy points that can be redeemed for free products!

Want to be an ipster? Please subscribe using my link.

Feel free to browse my other Beauty and Unboxing posts. If you're already a Glam Bag subscriber, check out my profile on ipsy. You can also stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by "liking" my fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

Are you a Beauty Box Addict? Which ones are your favorite? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? I'd love to hear it! Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover